Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm in Paradise!

I am sitting still at the water’s edge, staring out at the waves… No, I am not talking about Lake Ontario. I am on Paradise Island! Yup, like the real thing, Paradise Island, Bahamas. When most think about the island, the grand Atlantis resort comes to mind, although just a 2 min. walk down the beach reveals true serene paradise, the Sivananda Yoga Retreat.

Two hours of meditation and chanting followed by a two-hour yoga class definitely called for some Soy freshening spray…on my face, in the ever-heating air and on my matt! The strictly veggie abundant brunch offering followed by some “karma” dishwashing rounded out the morning quite nicely. An afternoon lounging and reading on the beach was definitely a welcomed escape from urban life and reality. Although the sun was scorching and slightly draining,
some SoySilk healing peppermint balm on my temples and below my nose did the trick to uplift my energy right in time for yet another two-hour yoga session. Dinner was another indulgent veggie offering followed by some more “karma” chores. Meditation, chanting and an educational workshop was the evening’s entertainment, followed by a short and dragging walk to my overnight accommodations.

A cleansing session followed by some repairing serum (in an attempt to avoid my skin damaging practices…!) is really all I am looking forward to now….I am exhausted! Some SoySilk Orange Lavender Peppermint healing balm is the only thing that could make this day any more relaxing and energizing at the same time.

Ahhhhhhh. Looking forward to four more days of this!!!


Namaste,

Nicole

A Soya Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment